These pictures are taken of the farming ground around New Bloomfield which is up in the mountains. Most of it is rolling hills with the farming ground cleared out from amoung the trees. We have found if you are not working the land in a year or two the ground become a forrest of trees.
These pictures were taken in Lancaster County which is the flat country of PA. This is more the Amish country. The farms are very large and they grow mostly 3 crops. Hay either grass hay or alphalpha, corn, and soy beans. They rotate the crops each year. The farms are very large many in the 3 to 5 hundred acres and other even bigger. They all use large farm equipment except for the Amish who us horses.
1 comment:
Hey! I don't have your email so I thought I would say hi here. You need to read Amy's latest post. Mostly becasue we are so proud of James. Here is her blogg site: http://mullins02musings.blogspot.com/ It looks like things are going well. We miss you!
Post a Comment